Kasper Souren, born November 28th, 1976, South of Limburg, Netherlands.
Relevant professional experience
|2008-present||Self-employed social web consultant, MediaWiki, SEO, Drupal (Eiken en teak meubelen, Teakmoebel.com, websites for NGOs, including B'Tselem, Wikimini, the Dutch Tax Administration, Mercedes-Benz, communities, artists and an art festival|
|2009-2010||Part time IT expert for intal in Brussels, working on CiviCRM, Drupal, Ubuntu, LTSP.|
|2008||Developer at Hyves (9 million users in the Netherlands), in Amsterdam, PHP and MySQL on a large serverpark.|
|2007||System Analyst, Python Developer and Wiki Guru for the TrustLet project at Fundazione Bruno Kessler, in Trento, Italy. Design and implementation of a framework for analysis of trust networks.|
|2006||Core Developer (PHP, MySQL), Tech Team Coordinator, Knowledge Management for CouchSurfing (post-crash), in Montreal, California and New Zealand.|
|2006||Software Developer and System Integration (PHP, MySQL, ActionApps, Windows 2000) for CEPES in Lima, Peru, for the Ministry of Agriculture, to publish information about their grants.|
|2005||Design, Development and Training related to GNU/Linux and free software for community radio stations for Geekcorps Mali.|
|2002-2004||Research and Development (AI, Python) to find structure in musical pieces, IRCAM, Parijs, France.|
|2001||Development of GNU Pascal libraries for non-pop composer Clarence Barlow, Den Haag, Netherlands. May till August 2002|
|1999||Software Developer (PHP, MySQL) for Free Online in Nijmegen.|
- 2001-2002 Course of Sonology, electronic music at the Royal Conservatory of the Hague.
- 1995-2000 Master of Science in Mathematics, University Nijmegen
- graduated in discrete mathematics with a thesis on string searching and regularity detection, besides mathematical subjects also courses in music psychology, cognitive science, ergonomics, object-oriented programming in C++, Scheme programming, modern physics, mechanics and philosophy
- 1989-1995 Secondary education, VWO St. Janscollege Hoensbroek
- 2015- Member of Board of Directors of Trustroots, a UK not-for-profit organization.
- 2007-2009 Member of Board of Directors of Kunnafoni, a French not-for-profit organization to bring information to local communities in West Africa.
- co-founded Hitchwiki
- co-founded Wikipedias in Limburgish, Bambara and Peul
- installing and adapting the MediaWiki platform and plugins
- created and supported wiki communities
- mother tongue
- Dutch, Limburgish
- English, French, German
- Italian, Spanish
- Portuguese, Swedish, Russian, Hebrew, Bambara